Is it possible to display my Google calendar events in the pop-up calendar that appears when I click on the clock in Windows 10? Alternatively, is there an application available that can replace the Windows clock and provide this feature, similar to the Android widget?
Windows 10 comes with a built-in calendar app that allows users to manage their schedules and appointments. However, some users may prefer to use Google Calendar, which offers more advanced features and seamless integration with other Google apps. In this blog post, we will explore whether it is possible to replace the Windows 10 calendar with Google Calendar and how to display Google Calendar events in the pop-up calendar that appears when clicking on the clock in Windows 10.
Syncing Google Calendar with Windows 10 Calendar
Unfortunately, there is no direct way to replace the Windows 10 calendar with Google Calendar. However, it is possible to sync Google Calendar with the Windows 10 calendar app, which will allow you to view your Google Calendar events alongside your other appointments.
To sync Google Calendar with Windows 10 Calendar, follow these steps:
1. Open the Windows 10 Calendar app.
2. Click on the gear icon in the lower-left corner of the app to open the settings menu.
3. Click on “Accounts” and then click on “Add account.”
4. Select “Google” from the list of account types.
5. Enter your Google account credentials and follow the prompts to complete the setup process.
Once you have added your Google account to the Windows 10 Calendar app, your Google Calendar events should appear alongside your other appointments. You can also choose which calendars to display by clicking on the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of the app and selecting “Manage Accounts.”
Displaying Google Calendar Events in the Windows 10 Clock
While it is not possible to replace the Windows 10 clock with a Google Calendar widget, there are third-party apps available that can provide this functionality. One such app is called “Chrono Plus,” which is available for download from the Microsoft Store.
Chrono Plus is a clock app that allows you to display your Google Calendar events alongside the time and date. To use Chrono Plus with Google Calendar, follow these steps:
1. Download and install Chrono Plus from the Microsoft Store.
2. Open Chrono Plus and click on the gear icon in the upper-left corner of the app to open the settings menu.
3. Under the “Calendar” tab, click on “Add Calendar” and select “Google Calendar” from the list of options.
4. Follow the prompts to sign in to your Google account and grant access to your calendar.
5. Once your Google Calendar is added, you can customize the clock face and choose which events to display.
With Chrono Plus, you can view your Google Calendar events alongside the time and date, making it a convenient way to stay on top of your schedule.
Benefits of Using Google Calendar
While the Windows 10 calendar app is a useful tool for managing your schedule, Google Calendar offers several benefits that make it a popular choice among users. Some of the benefits of using Google Calendar include:
1. Seamless integration with other Google apps, such as Gmail and Google Drive.
2. Advanced scheduling features, such as recurring events, custom reminders, and event invitations.
3. The ability to share calendars with others and collaborate on scheduling.
4. Access to your calendar from any device with an internet connection.
5. Customizable settings and themes to personalize your calendar.
If you are a heavy user of Google apps, using Google Calendar can provide a more seamless and integrated experience.
Alternatives to Windows 10 Calendar
If you are looking for a more feature-rich calendar app than the Windows 10 calendar, there are several alternatives available. Some popular options include:
1. Google Calendar – as mentioned above, Google Calendar offers advanced scheduling features and seamless integration with other Google apps.
2. Microsoft Outlook – a comprehensive email and calendar app that includes features such as email integration, task management, and contact lists.
3. Apple Calendar – a calendar app designed for Apple devices that includes features such as Siri integration and iCloud syncing.
4. Any.do – a task management app that includes a calendar feature for scheduling events and appointments.
5. Fantastical – a calendar app that includes natural language input and customizable themes.
Each of these apps offers unique features and benefits, so it is worth exploring them to find the one that best suits your needs.
While it is not possible to replace the Windows 10 calendar with Google Calendar, it is possible to sync Google Calendar with the Windows 10 calendar app and display Google Calendar events in the Windows 10 clock using third-party apps such as Chrono Plus. Additionally, there are several alternatives to the Windows 10 calendar app that offer more advanced features and customization options. By exploring these options, you can find the calendar app that best suits your needs and helps you stay on top of your schedule.
Yes, it is possible to use Google Calendar in place of the built-in calendar app on Windows 10. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Go to the Google Calendar website and log in to your account.
- In the top right corner of the calendar, click the gear icon and select “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- In the left-hand menu, click on the “Calendar settings” option.
- Scroll down to the “Integrate calendar” section and click on the “ICAL” button next to the “Private Address” field. This will download a file to your computer with a .ics extension.
- In the Windows 10 Calendar app, click the “Add Calendar” button in the top-right corner.
- Select the “From file” option, and browse to the .ics file that you just downloaded from Google Calendar.
- Click the “Open” button to import the calendar into the Windows 10 Calendar app.
You should now see your Google Calendar events displayed in the Windows 10 Calendar app. If you want to view the calendar on the Windows 10 taskbar, you can use a third-party app like Rainlendar, which can display a small calendar widget on the taskbar.
Here are the steps to add your Google Calendar to the Windows Calendar app:
- Start by clicking on the Start button and opening the Calendar app.
- To add your Google account, click on the gear icon (located in the bottom left-hand corner) and select “Manage Accounts” followed by “Add Account”.
- The app will prompt you to choose your account provider, select “Google” and enter your login credentials.
- Follow the on-screen prompts by clicking “Next” until you’re done.
Once you’ve completed the steps above, all your Google Calendars will appear under “Gmail” in the left-hand panel of the main screen of the app. You can select your account from there and edit appointments, as well as add new entries. The Windows Calendar app will display your Gmail Calendar.